Social Media

Sabor Dessert Bar | Hunter Valley

 Sabor Dessert Bar located in Pokolbin, Hunter Valley, NSW.  My mum took me here for a birthday treat in October 2020. 

We got both of the tasting plates -  Sabor's Tasting Plate including: Crunchy Chocolate Slice, Salted Caramel Mousse with Sticky Date Pudding, Dark & White salted burnt caramel Portuguese Mousse, Chocolate and raspberry dome tart and a Black Forest Scheibe and Medley's Tasting Plate including: Mini Green Apple Mousse, Mini Lemon Curd meringue in a sweet pastry, Strawberry mousse & mixed berry compote topped with Strawberry, Raspberry Opera Slice and a Triangular Caramelized Nut Tart, both costing $27.50 each.  


This was over indulging for two people and I have a sweet tooth. I recommend starting with only one tasting plate (The Sabor Tasting Plate I preferred) or just pick an individual dessert, i wish i did, but i can always go back for just takeaway! 


We left trying a bit of everything but in no way finishing the dishes. The Medley Tasting Plate is very strong with citrus flavours and being a fruit lover I thought it would be right up my ally but it made me realise i prefer actual fruit rather than fruit flavoured desserts. The mini apple was so cute though, how could I not order the plate with it on it? If you love citrus flavoured desserts, pick The Medley Tasting Plate! Or have a sweet tooth for all things chocolate? Sabor's Tasting Plate would be your ideal choice for a vast selection of the desserts. 

All in all, I recommend Sabor. I'm sure they change their line seasonally so there is always something new to taste. The Macarons are a must for my next time going there!











the aftermath 





Instagram

Theme by BD